Probiotics are microorganisms used for their beneficial qualities for humans and many medicines have recently been introduced to do just that. But did you know there are plant probiotics?
Plants like Legumes have had beneficial bacteria in their roots, something scientists have known for years. These bacteria ‘fix’ vital nitrogen and produce something plants can easily use. At Lifescape, we use the probiotics to fortify the soil food web and balance the soil ecosystem.
This leads to stronger, more resilient plants that are better able to withstand insects, disease and the semi-arid Colorado climate. We specialize in water-efficient landscapes and plant probiotics increase the uptake of nutrients while growing a deeper, more web-like root system.
The key to our organic fertilizers is the ingredients, which include:
- Kelp – A seaweed known to help human metabolism, it also promotes seed germination, plant cell division and stimulates uptake of plant nutrients.
- Endo & Ecto Mycorrhizae – Forming a symbiotic relationship between roots and fungus, it’s used to assist with water and nutrient uptake.
- Humic & Fulvic Acids – This enhances seed germination and promotes root development while supporting respiration of microorganisms in the soil.
- Concentrated Compost Tea – Slightly different than your morning beverage, it helps foster a biologically diverse soil ecosystem with indigenous microorganisms like protozoa and nematodes.
- Yucca Extract – This edible plant from Mexico and the Caribbean, it serves as a natural spreader sticker, wetting agent and soil conditioner.
With the use of these organics in your landscape your plants will grow faster and lawns will be greener. Lifescape offers an organics program as part of our maintenance and construction packages, so you can see these types of results in your garden. For more information, contact us at 303-831-8310.